Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rambles...

I haven't wrote a real update in awhile so here goes...

Nathan's parent teacher conference was last week. The teacher said he's a great kid, he's a typical crazy, cute 5 year old. She also said that she has noticed that he has some ADHD tendencies. I had a feeling that was coming. His pre-school teacher said the same thing. He does his work well if he's in the mood to do it. If he's not he writes his name really sloppy and colors in huge scribbles all over just to hurry up and be done. When he is in the mood you can read his name perfectly, his coloring is neat and in the lines. She said he is very impatient and when he is done before his table mates he bugs them instead of quietly waiting for them to finish. He'll say that he doesn't know how to do something that they just did and he did well. He does that at home as well. Especially on Monday's when the homework is to write a sheet of the letter of the week. It is pure torture. He whines, cries, says he doesn't know how to do it & just does it sloppy to get it done. The teacher said that she's going to not be too hard on him in case it is something that he has no control over. She said that they don't usually tesy for ADHD until 1st grade. She also said that she has a couple of kids in his class who she has concerns about so she is going to have the special education teacher come and "unofficially" observe the class soon. I asked her to ask him what he thought about Nathan and if he had any suggestions on what we could do to help him. So we shall see what happens.

Today there was an open house for Relay for Life. I'm so excited to have my own team. My team name was a big hit :) I named us Team MelaNoMore. We got to vote on what the theme will be so we should know in a few weeks. The choices were Around the world in 24 hours or Relaywood.

My birthday is Sunday. Blaaah. We're not going out Saturday night because we didn't have enough extra money and then Nick tells me that he's probably going hunting, but only in the evening. Yippie skippy. Oh well what ever :/

I have a doctor's appointment in the morning to start a new cycle of drugs and to find out the results of my last CT Scan so I should go.

2 comments:

MommyLovesStilettos said...

I love your team name!! That is awesome!!

Kelly said...

Thanks Michelle!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...