Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday's Letters

Photobucket

I found a new link up to try. Woo hoo =]


Dear Everyone: May is Melanoma/Skin Cancer Awareness month. Please please please be safe while your out in the sun! Generously apply sunscreen to all exposed skin—even on cloudy days—year-round. Be sure to use a sunscreen that provides broad-spectrum protection from both UVA and UVB rays and has a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30. Wear protective clothing, such as a long-sleeved shirt, pants, a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses, when possible.Seek shade when appropriate, remembering that the sun’s rays are the strongest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Use extra caution near water, snow and sand, as they reflect the damaging rays of the sun, which can increase your chance of sunburn. Avoid intentional tanning and indoor tanning beds. Current research indicates there is no way to get a tan through ultraviolet exposure without increasing the risk for skin cancer. {these facts came from www.melanoma.org, check them out for even more info!}

Dear Mother Nature: What gives?? It was insanely hot yesterday. It felt like the middle of summer it was so nasty. It's only May so please bring the temps down about 15 degrees or so. Thanks!

Dear Husband: One month till our belated anniversary getaway. I am so excited!! Love you!!

Dear Little Snot Faced Teenage Girls That Bully My Beautiful Cousin: One day (hopefully) you'll realize how horrible it was that you picked on someone over the scars they have on their gorgeous face from a vicious dog attack that happened when they we little. I can't believe you don't know any better and you treat someone that way. I know my cousin is beautiful, funny and just plain amazing. Get over your jealousy you big little bishes!!

Dear Sweet Children of Mine: Would it really be too much to ask that you get along? Do you really need to argue over everything?

Dear Pepsi: Why must you be soooo good?

Dear Blog Readers: Be on the lookout for my upcoming review & giveaway from Sunglass Warehouse :) I got my sunglasses yesterday and I love them!!

Dear You: What you want to help save lives and fight cancer? You want to know how you can make a donation to Relay for Life? Go HERE to make a donation. I'll love you forever if you do =)



7 comments:

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Bullys are the worst :( Also not sure where you are, but it's already hit 110 here in UTAH!!! ARGH!! Hope you have a great weekend! Looking forward to following you!

Unknown said...

booo bullies! hope you have a lovely weekend girl- def a new follower here! you have a great blog!

Amanda English said...

It's been insanely hot here in NC! UGH! I agree about the sunscreen, this Florida raised girl def wears her sunscreen! I do recommend safe organic sunscreens! Badger is my go to! xoxo

UM said...

Great blog!

I have a mild sunscreen addiction (which I think is fabulous - other people tell me they are blinded by my ghostly pale skin) which I am doing my best to pass on to my children. I personally have never had cancer, but I have observed it firsthand. No thank you.

Pamela said...

It's hot here in NC too! Kids are so cruel nowadays!! It's ridiculous!

Kisma said...

Awesome post... Here is to a fabulous get a way with your hubby in celebration.

Babes Mami said...

Awesome letters!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...